Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 125: Relationships - part 2

My first ex boyfriend broke my heart. I realized it has been 15 years and I really need to let this go. Yes, he had a place in my heart. But it is time for him to move aside to make room for someone else. I was comparing every future boyfriend to this guy. That's what I was doing for years. No one compared to him. I think that's why the relationships never lasted. But I realized every guy is different. They have their own set of values, personalities, and previous experiences. I do have to accept the whole package.

I do have my list of what I am looking for in a guy (doesn't every girl?). Does a guy like that exist? I am not sure. Some qualities I don't really find out unless I have been dating them for awhile. Can I check off all the items on my list? If I don't, what item does he not meet? Is it really important? Is it worth breaking up for? I know it takes two to make a relationship work. I know it's a lot of effort. I have realized that if I don't keep my end of the relationship, it goes into shambles.

I have dated alot of idiots and losers. I know better now (at least I am hoping). I think that's how my list developed. By dating the idiots and losers I know what I didn't want in a guy. Now my list is really long. After breaking up with a guy, I would add an item or two into the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment