Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 119: Loyalty from friends

I realized today that there are friends that are loyal to you just because they have known you for a long time. I hung out with this one girl all thru high school. After high school, she moved away. It was about a month before our friends funeral (refer to Day 118 post) that she emailed me. She apologized for 'disappearing' for so many years. I accepted her apology. Since then we hung out. I would consider her my best friend. I told her so many things that I wouldn't tell anyone else. We would go watch movies. We would go for dinners. We would just go and do things together. Exactly last year I asked her to hang out on Christmas day because I know she doesn't celebrate Christmas. She never responded to me. I later found out she went snowmobiling with some guy on Christmas day. I thought the considerate thing to do would be to just tell me she was going out with someone or that she was busy. If you are busy, you can just tell me and we can plan something else another time.

My ex and I were having problems around Christmas time last year. January rolled around and we were still arguing. I think he was being spiteful when he told me that he was hanging out with my 'best friend.' What I didn't know was that they have been hanging out for few months. They were hanging out together alone without me knowing. I know they can be friends with whoever they want. I just don't think it's right to be hanging out with your friends boyfriend alone. The only reason why they didn't tell me that they were hanging out was possibly they were hiding something from me.

Another thing he told me when he was being spiteful was that she was only my friend because we have known each other for a long time. We didn't have lots in common but we had fun when we hung out. Does that mean her loyalty to me stemms from the lenght of time we have known each other not from the quality of time we have spent together? I haven't spoken to her since last Christmas. Is it really worth my time to establish a friendship with someone who isn't loyal to me for the right reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment