Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 112: 4th day in Hawaii


This was the only day of the week that was pre-planned. Every other day was pretty spontaneous. We decided on what to do in the mornings. But this morning was different. My friends friend had been planning this since we got to Hawaii. This was the only day we could spend with her. She planned a kayaking excursion with a tour guide. It was an all day trip.

We had to be at the kayak location at 9 am. There were also a few other people in our tour group. There was 5 of us in total plus the tour guide. Once we all got there the tour guide taught us how to kayak properly and a few safety procedures. We got in the water and started to kayak. I was the lagger in the group. I didn't mean to be. Maybe I'm weaker than the others. Maybe the wind and water were againest me. Maybe I wasn't kayaking properly. At certain points we stopped and the tour guide explained to us about the history of Hawaii. We were heading to another small island. It is actually a bird sanctuary. We finally made it there. There were other groups of people there. Most of them were surfers wanting to catch the nice waves. We were supposed to go snorkelling. But our tour guide suggested we go kayak surfing. He had a tandem kayak and took one person at a time. I went first. He led us into the water and waited for a wave. Once the wave came, we rode the wave. It was fun and exhilarating. We caught a few waves. Then it was someone else's turn. After we went kayak surfing, it was pretty much the end of the day. We didn't end up going snorkelling. Then we had to kayak back to the island. This time I was still the lagger. I was tired and the wind and water were againest me.

We went back to the apartment to get cleaned up. Afterwards, we went out for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Big City Diner. My friend's friend said it is a chain restaurant and it's pretty good there. We shared two dishes. We ordered the kim chi fried rice and the full rack of guava BBQ ribs. Ohhh the ribs were soo good. It was a huge portion of ribs and small tiny side dish. The side dish was mashed potatoes. By the end of the day I was pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment