Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 115: Jealousy

My ex from a relationship five years ago thought that a little bit of jealousy is a good thing. He said it shows you care. I was trying to understand his point of view. To me jealousy isn't a good thing. If you are a jealous person, it shows me that you are insecure and unable to trust. The jealousy may stem from previous broken relationships. Maybe you are afraid that it may happen to you again.

I think jealousy can be prevented. You can communicate about the situation and resolve the issue before it gets out of hand. I have to really think about why I am jealous. Is my guy hanging out with a girl? Am I jealous about the girl or about what my guy will be doing with the girl? Is he spending more time with his friends? Am I jealous about how much time they are spending together? If I am starting to feel jealous, I have to re-evaluate my feelings for that person. Maybe that person doesn't like me anymore and wants to spend more time with other people? Maybe there isn't anything to be jealous about?

Now I don't think it is worth my time to be jealous over anything. I think jealousy will take too much time and energy. If he's spending too much time with a girl I dont like, I have to ask him why he's doing that. I will have to trust his answer. I can't think of other scenarios where I may get jealous. If I am getting jealous over little things, maybe it's time to re-consider the relationship. If he is constantly doing things that he knows will get me jealous, it's time to kick him to the curb.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. In my situation the roles are reversed I think. I'm more of the unjealous person. If she wants to go hang out with a male friend I'm trusting enough to not ask questions.

    ReplyDelete