Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 113: 5th day in Hawaii


Today my friend was going to go climbing with his friends. I didn't want to go climbing. While he goes climbing, this was my last opportunity to go to Waikiki. My friend's friend was driving her mom and grandma to Ala Moana Center. I went along for the ride. There is a shuttle from Ala Moana Center to Waikiki. I took the shuttle to almost the last stop in Waikiki. I had my friend's Oahu Lonely Planet Handbook to help guide me. I was a bit hungry because it was about lunchtime. I saw a L&L Hawaiian BBQ restaurant. The day before a lady from my kayak group said it was a great place to get food. I decided to try it. I really had to go to the bathroom and L&L didn't have a bathroom in their location. They told me to go across the street into the trade center. While looking for the bathroom, I found The Shiatsu and Massage Center on the second floor. A few days prior I was flipping thru one of those visitor guide books and clipped some coupons. One of the coupons was for The Shiatsu and Massage Center. I bought the 1/2 Lomi Lomi Massage and 1/2 shiatsu. I have never had a shiatsu massage before so I didn't know what to expect. The Lomi Lomi Massage is a special massage from Hawaii. The atmosphere was very relaxing. They played slow soft nature like music. It was so tough to get up and get going into reality.

After my hour long massage, I was ready for lunch. At L&L I ordered a combo. It included bbq short ribs, fried shrimp, pan fried mahi mahi, macaroni salad and some rice. For $9, I could've had it for two meals. There was so much food! I brought the food to the beach. That way I can have my lunch and check Waikiki Beach while I was there.

Waikiki Beach was so busy. It is such a tourist destination. The many hotels are right on the beach. There were soo many people on the beach. Many were beach bums, just sitting soaking in the sun or reading. Families bring their kids. There were couples young and old. Some people just walk the beach. Some had their boogie boards. Some were surfers waiting for the waves. After I finished my lunch, I walked around the main street. There were so many expensive stores; Ferrari Store, Coach, Hermes, etc, etc. There were also areas where they had carts / kiosks selling different things ranging from souvenir t-shirts to jewellery to bags. I ended up buying a casual purse. It's black and has sillouette of palm trees. I continue my shopping go to my last shopping destination, Hilo Hattie.

Tonight was the nite we fly back to Vancouver. From Hilo Hattie, I took the shuttle back to Ala Moana. My friend picked me up there. We went back to the apartment. My friend's friend's mom cooked us some food before we went to the airport. That was my last day of twenty something degree weather. Back to the cold wet Vancouver weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment