Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 210: Reunions

Restaurant blog update: Chili Garden
http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/04/chili-garden.html

These few weeks has and will been reunions for me. The other night I saw a friend whom I haven't seen in 15 years. We went to elementary school together. I forgot that we even went to high school together. It was thanks to Facebook that we reconnected. We have two mutual friends. One was here in town for a short while. He was in town for a few days and I saw him one night and saw her also. I saw her for only about 30 mins. It was right before my swimming lesson. We had intentions to meet again because we live so close but we didn't. We finally got together with the other mutual friend. Because of all the things happening at the Olympics and my trip to Chicago, it took us about 3 months to get together. We just went out for dinner. It was a two and a half hour dinner because there was so much to catch on. We had to catch up on the last 15 years.

My next reunion is on May 8. There were 5 of us that hung out in 1998. There was my two cousins, my guy friend, my girl friend and myself. We did many things together. Life happens and we went our separate ways. For the past 10 or so years we haven't seen each other. One cousin found my guy friend on Facebook last week and suggested we go for coffee. I though if three of us were going to hang out, might as well get the other two to come also. I got their emails and emailed all of them to see if they wanted to come together for a reunion. All of them are up for it! We are going out for dinner and bringing our significant others. There is lots to catch up on from the last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment