Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 195: ninth day in Chicago

I started my day with a healthy hardy breakfast:
McDonald's. The day before at the Blackhawks game they gave us contest cards. There was a coupon for a free egg mcmuffin if the Hawks score the first goal. They did and i got my free egg mcmuffin.

My first destination is the Chicago History Museum. It is free Mondays. i like free. It was quite interesting. They have various exhibits on the different important periods in Chicago's history. I feel like i know more about Chicago than Vancouver after going to this museum.

After the museum, I went to Oz Park. When my friends were here we tried to find Oz Park but couldn't find it. This time i had a better map and it helped. This park is dedicated to the Wizard of Oz. There were statues of Dorothy and Toto, the Tinman, the Lion and the Scarecrow. The author lived nearby hence the dedication.

I was really hungry by this time. I sat on a bench at Oz Park and there was this guy who was sitting by himself on the bench beside me. I asked what restaurants he recommemed nearby. One restaurant he suggested was Cafe Ba Ba Reeba. I saw this restaurant in my tourist book also. ( http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/04/cafe-ba-ba-reeba-chicago.html)

I was close to Second City. The show started at 8pm. I was thinking if i get back there at 7pm and if i can get tickets, i will see the show. I had an hour and a half to kill. I went to the shops on Armitage Street, Wells (Old Town) and Division Street to State Street. I got back to Second City at 645pm. They had tickets available and i went to see the show. The show is very similar to our Theartresports. I was laughing the whole time.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment