Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 194: eight day in chicago





I really wanted to watch a Blackhawks game while i was in Chicago. I figured out how to get to the United Center because I went there the night before for the Bulls game. I didnt have a ticket. I thought i would be able to get a tix at the ticket booth. On the bus i met three fellow Canadians. It was a dead givaway cause one was wearing a Winnipeg Jets jersey and another one was wearing a Calgary Flames jersey. The Blackhawks were playing againest the Flames. They had standing room tickets. They told me where they will be standing and said hopefully they will meet me inside. I went to the ticket booth. The cheapest ticket thet had was $65. I wasnt willing to spend that much. I found a dodgy scalper down the street and managed to get a tix from him for $35. I got inside and managed to find my three fellow Canadians. I ended up standing with them the whole time. The game was great. I felt like i had split personality. The first half of the game i was cheering for the Hawks. The Flames were losing and i felt bad for them. I started cheering for them the last half of the game. I may be a good luck charm for chicago teams.

We were all hungry after the game. My friend recommended Shaw's Crab House. So the guys joined me for dinner. (http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/04/shaw-crab-house.html) It was pouring rain after the game. Tourenchal rain and lighting. After dinner we went for a drink. I found a place relatively near by. It was another piano bar but this time there were two piano players. It is called Howl At The Moon. We were there for a few hours then went across the street to another pub for another drink. It was way past my bedtime and we cabbed it home.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment