Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 197: eleventh day in Chicago




I woke up early because they only have one Untouchables Tour at 10am today. I have tomorrow booked for something else. The Untouchables Tour is a bus tour taking us to all the significant places of the gangster era of the 20's and 30's. It takes us thru all parts/neighbourhoods of Chicago. It was a two hour tour. It was very interesting. Our tour guides made it fun and entertaining.

I got a flyer with info of a free tour of the Federal Reserve Bank. It started at 1 pm. I had a quick hot dog and shake from Portillo's (http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/04/portillo-chicago.html) before heading there. I thought we get to tour the building. I think that is too much to ask. We sat in a room listening to a man explain to us the importance of the Federal Reserve Bank. After his speel, we watched a short movie on what he talked about. Boring! There is a visitors centre where they explain about the bank again. They also had a million dollars on display, the timeline of money, old currency, and counterfeit money. I got my picture taken with the million dollars. Bills have a life span of about 21 months. After that they are shredded. I got a souvenir baggy of shredded money.

This was my souvenir shopping day.

When I finished, i headed to Bandera (http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/04/bandera-chicago.html) for dinner. After dinner I went back to my hotel to catch up on writing on my blogs.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment