Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 227: Letters to Juliet

It was a last minute decision, but it was a good decision. My friend, a female, asked me to go watch a movie tonight. Because it was two of us going to watch a movie, I thought it would be a good idea to watch a 'chick flick'. It would be harder to drag guys to watch a chick flick.

It was a such a sappy love story. It was about a lady trying to rekindle her connection with her true love. In Verona there is Juliet's house. There are many ladies who visit the house and ask Juliet for advice regarding their love life. They write a letter or note addressed to her and tape it on the wall. There are these ladies who are Juliet's secretaries and they respond to the letters. There was this one letter that was hidden and written 50 years ago. The main character, Sophie, found the letter and wrote a response. That response letter sparked, Clare, the person who wrote the letter, to come to Verona. Clare wrote a letter to Juliet stating that she met her love of her life, Lorenzo, and she had to leave him. In Sophie's response letter she said if that was the love of her life she should go find him. Sophie and Clare meet and they go on a quest to find Lorenzo, Clare's true love. Of course at the end of the movie Clare finds her Lorenzo. So romantic that they find each other after 50 years of being apart. There were 74 men with the same name as the Lorenzo she fell in love with 50 years ago. They searched within the vicinity to find her Lorenzo.

It is such a sappy love story that I think something like that only happens in the movies. If I was Clare, I don't know what to think if I finally got a response after 50 years. Maybe it was a joke? It is true dedication to try to find her true love. I guess you would search high and low to find your first true love. Would I be like Clare to search for my true love? Maybe. I think it would depend on my situation in my life. Can I just go and leave everything to do my search? Do I have a support system in place? Do I have the time and money to do my search? If the answer is 'yes' to all the questions, I would do my search.

No comments:

Post a Comment