Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 218: Me vs Julie (from Julie and Julia)

I started writing this blog last July. A few months later my friend suggested I watch the movie Julie and Julia. I did end up watching the movie. Part of the movie is about Julie who wants to write a blog.

The only similarity is that we write on our blog. I try to write everyday, but it has become every other day or every three days. Julie writes every day. Julie's blog is about her working her way thru Julia Child's cookbook. She cooks a recipe everyday and writes about it. It is simple for her. She knows what she will write about. It is very difficult for me. I'm trying to write about a different topic every day. Sometimes I write about the same topic. I have written about my bucket list but I try to write about it when I have updates. I have written about the Canucks a few times. Some days I don't feel like writing. It is so easy for me to not write and just go to sleep. It's discipline to actually think of a topic and write about it. Let's say I duplicate topics in 50 postings out of the 365 posts. That's 315 original topics. Sometimes inspired by my activities during the day, sometimes inspired by what I'm watching on TV, sometimes inspired by my conversation during the day with someone. Let's see Julie write about something different everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment