Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 214: Go Canucks go!

I am a Canucks fan. I haven't always been a Canucks fan. Five or six years ago I detested hockey. I thought it was boring and such a guy thing to do. If hockey was playing on the TV, I would do something else in another room. It was only the last few years that i got into watching the Canucks. I am not sure how and when exactly i started watching. The more I watched the more I got into it.

The first time I saw Canuck players was in 1996 when my friend took me to the Canuck Carnival. The Canuck Carnival was held at BC Place Stadium. It was a fundraiser for Canuck Place. There are also amusement games. He also got me a jersey, the one with the yellow skate on the front. You can get your picture taken with the Canuck players and they can also sign your jersey or whatever you want them to sign. I got Trevor Linden to sign my jersey. I also had my picture taken with him. My friend also took me to a hockey game. I dont remember our seats. But between 1996 and 2007ish i didnt watch any hockey. In 2007ish, i started going to hockey games. It is really fun at games. It is also very expensive entertainment. When i started going to games, I only paid about $45 a tix. I went to the Canucks vs San Jose on March 18. I spent $66 on that tix. I dont spend very much on food inside the stadium. It is soo expensive. I may slurge on some mini donuts. It is as close to the mini donuts as i can get to the PNE's mini donuts.

Nowadays i try to watch every game. I missed some games when i was in Palm Springs and Chicago. When I got back, the Canucks made it into the playoffs. I got a chance to go to Game 5 round 1 game at GM Place. It was soo fun and exciting. We whipped LA's ass by winning 7-2. These days for round two playoff games, because i cant afford to actually to go to the game, i watch it at home or at a pub.

I dont want jinx them by writing too much about them.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment