Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 219: Competition

Competition is like a drive to do better. I have never been a very competitive person. I think it depends what is the prize at the end. If it is a good prize, I am more motivated to do better.

I have a friendly competition with my friend. His ideal job is to be a writer. I am practicing my writing skills with this blog. The competition is who will get anything published in a local publication (magazine, newspaper) first. I have a feeling he will win because he has been very active with his writing. I have seen a few of his comments in the Province already. I haven't written anything else other than my blogs.

When I was doing the Sun Run, it was like I was competing with 50,000 other people. I didn't think I would be anywhere near the front so it didn't matter if I ran or walked. It was a competition with myself. I wanted to walk the 10 km faster than I walked it the week before.

A few Christmas' ago there was a competition at work to see who would be able to rent the most colored stemmed glassware. The prize was a $50 IKEA gift certificate. It was a good prize. It was fun. It was kinda hard to track the progress but overall there was a winner. The competition was healthy and it got everyone to push the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment