Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 335: "It's not all about me" weekend

Eventhough it was my bday earlier this weekend, I only celebrated it once (see Day 334 blog posting).

Sunday
I tried really hard to sleep in because I knew it would be a busy day. My first destination was a baby shower in Aldergrove. I have been friends with the husband for many years and I wanted to be there to celebrate the baby news. Of course, me being a Canucks fan, I gave them some really cute Canucks baby items. They are having a girl but the mother doesn't like too much pink items. All the baby girl items at the Canucks store were pink. There was also a yellow baby set but I didn't think it was as cute as the pink ones. I don't think she would mind having a few items that are pink. I bought them an onesies set which has 3 onesies: one is pink, one is grey and one is pink and grey. The other set I gave them has an onesie, a pair of booties and a bib. They all have a Canucks logo on them. It was a pretty typical baby shower. There were lots of appies. The baby's mother opened the presents before I had to go. There was a 50/50 draw. I don't think I won. I was there for a few hours before I had to go to my next destination.

My next destination was an engagement party in Delta. I didn't know it was an engagement party until I got there. It was an interesting party. It was a party of about 22 people made of the host family and their kids and their kids' inlaws families. (I hope that wasn't too confusing.) When I got invited to the party, they told me it was because they had a really large turkey and they needed help with it. I'm all about the food so of course I accepted the invited for a turkey dinner. It was a really good dinner. There was the turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, another veggie dish and bread. After the delicious meal, there was cake. It was a Chinese cake with fruit cocktail in the middle. Of course I had to stay for the cake. I was spoiled. Two days in a row of cake.

Monday
I thought I can find some deal because it was Cyber Monday. I couldn't find anything. It was a mini family dim sum outing. There my mom, one of my aunts and two of my cousins. We went to a small restaurant on 49th and Fraser. It is in the same complex as Starbucks. I have never heard of this restaurant before. None of us have been there before. It was almost full for a Monday afternoon. It was expensive for a small hole in the wall restaurant. The service wasn't every good. The food portion was good. But for that price I would go to a nicer restaurant with better service (eventhough the food portion would be a bit smaller). I like to go for the whole experience.

After dim sum, 4 out of 5 of us went to Metrotown. I need to get boots and to get ready for upcoming snowfall. We walked around and I am really picky on which boot I wanted. My aunt suggested Sears and we went in to see what they have. Luckily for me, there was 50% off on boots today. I found a pair of boots that is fairly attractive and has an attractive price. Yeah for me!

I thought because it is my bday it's a good excuse for us to go for dinner. I went out to dinner with my parents to Tom and Jerry's. Because my dad liked his steak alot from the last time we went there, he requested we go there again. We like to share our food. We ordered different entrees and shared them all. With our entrees, it comes with soup or salad. My mom ordered a veal cutlet with mashed potatoes and veggies and a soup. My dad ordered a New York steak with fries and veggies and a green salad. I ordered a salsbury steak with a baked potatoe and veggies and cesar salad. I was so full after my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment