Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 328: Fundraisers...so many fundraisers

There are so many fundraisers out there. There are so many organizations needing money. But I have only so much money to distribute.

In the last two days, I gave money to three organizations. After work yesterday I went to Superstore. As I was leaving, there was a young guy outside selling chocolate covered almonds. I only buy chocolate covered almonds from fundraising organizations. They taste better than the bulk ones you buy inside Superstore. I totally forgot what organization he was with. He showed me the box and I was sold. I gave him the $3 for the organization.

Today in the afternoon I went shopping on Robson St. My friend wanted to go into Boys Co. At the cash register there was chocolate covered almonds. But it was different packaging then the one I bought from Superstore. They also had chocolate covered blueberries, chocolate covered nuts and fruit and chocolate covered cashews. So many choices, so little time. I ended up getting the chocolate covered fruit and nut. I decided that I had a box of chocolate covered almonds already and I wanted to try something different. I saw another man purchase a box before me. All he did was put his money in the envelope and took a box. I followed what he did. I was kinda nervous because it just felt like I was just leaving money in the envelope and who knows what would happen to the money. There was a sales person standing by me and she told me that there is someone from the breast cancer organization that comes by and collects the money. I just hope they do because I surely don't want the Boy's Co people to take the money.

Tonight I was watching TV and on my computer when the doorbell ran. I was expecting someone tonight and I thought it was my friend. I looked thru the window and it wasn't my friend. It was two young gals at my door. I opened it to see what they wanted. They were selling raffle tickets. They were from Killarney Secondary School and raising money for their dry grad next year. The girls also told me that their goal is to raise $1000 - $2000 for their dry grad. I live by Windermere, I am wondering what are Killarney students doing in my neighbourhood? Anyways, I forgot the whole list of prizes. But one of the item was a Luongo jersey. Once I heard that, I was ready to give them my money. Really, I didn't need another Luongo jersey, that's ok. I then asked them how many tickets where being sold. I think they said 5000. So, not so bad odds. I bought 3 tickets for $5. I just read the tickets and it said that the draw would be on Feb 14, 2011. Who sells tickets three months ahead of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment