Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 334: Bday at Delilah's


Tonight was my birthday party at Delilah's. It was a place I have wanted to try for a long time. It was a reality show Conviction Kitchen for awhile. Conviction Kitchen was about ex- convicts working in the restaurant industry (http://urbandiner.ca/2010/07/09/delilahs-conviction-kitchen/). Then now it changed back to Delilah's. Reservations were for 6pm. We left my place at 5:30 with the intention to be there at 6pm. I don't know what was happening but the roads were super busy and we arrived a tad bit late. About 1/3 of the people were late because of traffic and the lack of parking available. There were 25 of us and we were seated in 4 tables.

The food was ok. We ordered mussels and clams as an appetizer. We shared two entrees. On was the lamb t-bones served with veggies. The second entree was the 3-day brisket. I think the lamb and the brisket were too fatty. It felt like I was eating more fat than meat. The veggies were good. The food was affordable but of course you get what you pay for. They have a great martini menu.

The atmosphere was really nice. It didn't have many windows but it was dark so it didn't matter. It was a very comfortable setting. There was booths with comfortable seating. The chairs were like dining room upholstered chairs. The theme / look of the restaurant is deep dark woods and velvet. It's a bit dark in there but not as dark as a club.

The service was ok. The server was there to ask us for our drink order. They had people replenishing water. For each table, because we ordered at the same time, we received our food at the same time.

The best part of tonight was spending some time with my friends. There were some friends who I haven't seen in awhile. It was nice to catch up with everyone again. I guess with our busy lives sometimes our schedules just don'tjive too see each other more. Some friends I see once a month, some friends I see once every few months, some friends I see once a year. The separate tables worked well because I was able to go to each table and talk to them and focus on them. If it was one long table, I get easily distracted and won't be able to focus on my conversations with them.

Thank you for coming out everyone. I had a great time tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment