Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 329: Vancouver...the best place to live?

I was talking to my friend tonight and we were talking about where we wanted to live. He said he wanted to stay here in Vancouver because it is the best place to live. I told him I wanted to live somewhere warm.

He listed the many reasons why Vancouver is the best place to live:

1) It is close to Whistler, named one of the best mountains in the world. It is a great place for snowboarding and skiing.

2) It has a low level of pollution. Because Vancouver is a relatively 'small' city, there isn't many vehicles to cause pollution.

3) Clean drinking water straight from the tap. He said there are only a handful of cities where it has safe drinking tap water.

4) Four distinct seasons. Some cities are really hot or really cold and no seasons in between.

I think because I have lived here for so many years, I didn't consider most of his points. I don't know how to ski or snowboard so I didn't think much about Whistler. I know some people may laugh that I live so close to mountains but I don't know. It's on my bucket list. I went to China a few years ago and it was really polluted. I know I would never want to live there. My sister lives in Southern California in the boonies and it's pretty unpolluted there. My friend said it is really polluted in LA, probably cause of the gazillion cars there. I never really consider the clean drinking water. I just turn on the tap here and drink the water. I thought everywhere was like that too. In California, my sister was always was giving me bottled water. I didn't realize that their water wasn't clean enough to drink straight from the tap. I thought I wanted to live somewhere warm, on the verge of hot, all the time. I may miss the autumn/fall colors of the trees. I may miss wearing different layers of clothing for the appropriate weather. Who knows? Maybe one day I may appreciate everything Vancouver has to offer and not want to move anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment