Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 333: Teachers

I really admire teachers. They endure so much for so little. I heard it's more about the passion of teaching.

There are teachers I remember and teachers I easily forgot. I remember my kindergarten teacher and my grade 4/5 teachers. I am not sure why I remember my kindergarten teacher. She was a very nice person. She was an old woman with curls. I remember my grade 4/5 teachers because he was also a musician. He played the accordion. He is the only person I know that plays the accordion.

I feel like a teacher these days. My mom has her own laptop. She uses email, Picasa and now Facebook. Since she had her computer, I have been her computer tutor. She has taken a few lessons at a local community center which teaches basic computer lessons. When she first got her computer, I didn't have much time to teach her. Things seemed easy for me. I didn't understand why it was so hard for her to understand. It's kinda hard to translate some items in Vietnamese. I just say it in English and hope she understands. I learned that I have to be patient. I have to do things step by step. I have to see if she understand each step before moving on to the next step. Once she understands, I can move on to the next item. The other day I had to teach my cousin how to use Facebook. I just taught her the basics, like uploading pictures and sending messages. Tonight I taught my mom how to upload pictures on Facebook. She knows about the wall and she reads what her friends are up to. I am offering to teach another friend how to build a website. She's using a site that I'm using so it will be easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment