Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 324: Lovestruck Bridal Show


It's Sunday. I went to work. Just kidding. I didn't go to work. I was just visiting my co-workers who were working today. They weren't working in the office, they were on location at the Lovestruck Bridal Show (http://www.lovestruckbrides.com/) (sorry iphone users, the site uses Flash). One girl was only there till 2 pm and she was in a wedding dress. The wedding dress was borrowed from one of the suppliers of the fashion show. She looked absolutely beautiful in the wedding dress. I wanted to see her in the wedding dress. I made it there at about 1:30pm and saw her last few moments in the dress. The dress was worth $1500.

Lovestruck is one of the many bridal shows around. There are large shows and small shows. Some small shows market themselves as specialty shows. Lovestruck was located in Vancouver Club. It is newly renovated and looks beautiful. They added a wine room and a lounge. For the bridal show, the Vancouver Club was transformed by lots of white organza / white material on the walls to soften the look. There was a fashion show at 1pm and 4:45pm. There were lots of wedding related vendors. There were photographers, videographers, makeup artists, venues, cake suppliers and, of course, bridal dress suppliers. They were located on three floors. For brides, there was a gift pack with makeup items and special coupons.

There are so many suppliers to choose from. If I was a bride, I would be thoroughly confused. Of course there are wedding planners to help you weave thru the maze of suppliers. But there are many of those also. Lovestruck was a small show so there are fewer more select vendors. The idea is to help the bride decide on the suppliers because there is a smaller selection.

I was there to visit my co workers and to see what is new out there. The picture above is of our table display. I walked around to see the vendors. There is not too much new. I didn't get a chance to watch the fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment