Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 331: It's not my fault that I'm forgetful! (Friday night at the Caprice)

I know I am a few nights late on writing about my Friday night adventure. The last few nights was busy with volunteering at the Canucks game. But my adventure is crystal clear like it just happened yesterday.

Last week I decided to get my sister her birthday present before it is too late. I knew I would have to get it mailed to her. I decided to get it early to have it arrive to her before her birthday.

I got her this mat. I have spent some time with her family. Sometimes she just needs a reminder to gather these items before she leaves her house. Because she has two kids, there is a long checklist of items when she leaves the house. On Friday, when I was talking to my sister, she said the doormat arrived.

Friday night was my friend's fundraiser for his softball team at the Caprice. I bought a ticket and wanted to go to support his team. I was supposed to meet him at 9:30pm. Of course, I procrastinate a bit and was running late. I didn't get in front of the club till 10 pm. I called him to see where he was. He was just getting his coat checked. I was like cool, he was just about 10 steps ahead of me. I was going into my purse to get my ID. I then realized that I forgot my wallet at home. I was chocked. I felt I was smart enough to always remember my wallet. I drove to the club without drivers license. I thought people who forgot their ID's are ditsy. They know they are heading to a club how can they forget their ID? Now I felt I was one of these people. I called my friend to let him know that I forgot my ID. He asked what I was going to do. I told him not to worry because I would figure something out.

I called my dad to see if he can help bring my ID to me. He works in downtown so he is familiar with the streets downtown. I called him at 10pm. I told him to leave the house right away. He did. I was waiting at our designated spot and was trying to be as patient as possible. It was getting cold. It was drizzling and there was a forecast of snow that night. Lucky for me, I was under an awning. I was waiting by a bus stop. Some buses came and went. Everyone at the stop eventually got on a bus. It seemed so empty without people around me. Finally, my dad arrived. It seemed like forever and a day because it was so cold. I asked him to drive me to the Caprice. He asked me how long he took. I told him 30mins. He said that was pretty fast. He told me that halfway to downtown, he realized that he forgot his drivers license and had to drive back home to get it. I was laughing because I realized that maybe forgetfulness runs in the family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment