Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 303: Stupid computer!!

In my journaling class the other night, one of the first things my teacher taught us was to write about our feelings, whether it be negative or positive. It makes the readers see you as a more rounded person. It seems like I try to write more about things that are happy or in a good light. There are a few posts that were pretty negative. I don't want to delete them. After I wrote them, I didn't want to write about negative things anymore.

Today is a new day. I'm going to rant. It's not really negative about anyone or about myself. It's just trying to relieve some stress. Tonight I stayed home. It wasn't very relaxing. The other night my dad said that his laptop wasn't loading up properly. My cousin installed a Chinese program on my dad's computer to watch Chinese movies a few months ago. Since then I tried to clean my dad's computer by running Spybot, Avast and Adaware. I noticed that after that program was installed the 'cleaning' programs don't run properly. They just stop suddenly. I had a feeling that his computer will eventually crash. When he told me his computer wasn't working, my first instinct was to run the cleaning programs. The operating system (Windows 7) wouldn't start up. One of the screens gave me the option to start in safe mode. I have had other computers that wonked out on me and I have had to use safe mode before. I ran Spybot in safe mode last night. It didn't find much. I thought I can spend more time on it tonight. I wanted to try to clean it as much as I can before I remove the Chinese program. I tried to install Malwarebytes via USB. That didn't work out too well. (I know you computer people may say that is an easy thing to do). I tried to just deleted the program via 'Uninstall a program'. That didn't work out too well either. In safe mode, it wasn't going too well for me in the beginning. The left button became the right button. That got really confusing. Because I am so used to 'left clicking' but now I had to 'right click' instead. Once I figured that the mouse buttons were backwards, things became a bit better. There wasn't a Disk Defrag button / option / program available. I don't know where it went and I didn't know where to find it. The Disk Cleanup worked. I tried a system restore and that didn't work. I didn't know if I had the Windows 7 disk for me to reinstall it. I pushed some buttons and managed to find a way to restore the computer back to it's factory settings. That was my last resort. I told my dad that he may have to reinstall the Chinese programs at a later date. It took a long time for it to set back to it's factory settings. After I did that, it worked. I managed to find the website where he watches the Chinese movies. I don't think he has to install that stupid program anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment