Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 309: Special number days

Today is 10/10/10. Few years ago the lucky number for Chinese people was 8/8/8. Are these dates really 'special'?

Today we had a birthday party for my cousin. I never remembered his birthday. The only reason I remembered his birthday this year because it was easy to remember. It was fun today because everyone was there and there was lots of food. What's a birthday without balloons and cake? There is a scarce level of helium so it's really hard to find a place that sells helium balloons. We went to Brentwood Mall to try to get some helium balloons. The person at the store said the management of the mall doesn't allow them to sell helium balloons because of the roof. They said I can't get any helium balloons in the mall. Luckily we found Save on and they sold helium balloons. We had a Chinese fruit filled cake. I like Chinese cakes because it is a very light cake with whipped cream. Our cake we had today was filled with fruit. It wasn't the normal fruit cocktail, it was fresh fruit.

I remember when it was 7/7/7 and 8/8/8 there were lots of weddings because they thought it was a lucky number. I know dates like that don't come around very often. Some people think the specific date that they get married will give them good luck and their marriage will be long lasting and prosperous. I am not a big believer of that. I would think I will pick my wedding date depending on my availability and how easy I will remember the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment