Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 310: One baby, two babies, three babies..more?

At the hockey game, I was mentioning that Daniel and Henrik can trick anyone and everyone because they are identical twins. I'm sure if they switched jerseys no one would know..or would they?

My brother in law has identical twin sisters and I can't tell them apart. Im sure each one has their own identifying marks. Before they got married, it was a guessing game for me. Both of them are very bubbly. They have very similar demeanor. I didn't see them very often and it made it more difficult. If I saw them all the time, I think I would be able to tell them apart. They made it easier for me by getting married. They didn't get married to identical twins. If they did, boy it would be super confusing for me. Now to tell them apart, I figure out the husband first, then I figure out their kids. One sister has three kids and the other only has two. Then I figure out the twin.

Maybe we have a fascination with multiple births? First it was 'Jon and Kate plus 8'. '19 and Counting' has been around for a few years. I remember watching an episode when it was '15 and Counting'. There was another show where they had 12 kids. Tonight it was my first time watching Texas Quints. It was about a couple in Texas who already had two kids and they wanted one more. They couldn't conceive naturally. They went to a fertility clinic and what they got was quints. Two of the quints cry alot. I just watched an episode and that was enough for me. There was crying and screaming and it seemed like it was never ending. I really give props to the parents. Because the quints are only 3, the mom is a stay at home mom.

I would like to have twins or triplets if I had the choice. Go thru the labour once and get it over with. I heard about really long labour sessions and I don't know if I want to go thru that many times. But my friend brought up a good point. If you are pregnant with a multiple birth, you only get one year of maternity leave. I guess the government sees that as one pregnancy. I would feel ripped off if it happened to me. I would be putting in twice the effort because I would be taking care of two children. It would be great if your maternity leave is dependent on how many fetuses you would be carrying to full term. If I was pregnant with twins then I would be able to get two years of maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment