Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 312: Crash Crawly's

I have seen this building many times when I drive by the No 1 Hwy in Coquitlam when I used to work in Coquitlam. Today at work I asked my co-worker, who has kids, more about it. She said it is a fun place to take the kids. I was really excited because I have never been there before and I thought the kids would like it.

We got there about 6:45pm and it closed at 8pm. It was more than enough time for them to run around and play. It was a really neat place for the kids. It is kinda like a large jungle gym. There are tubes where you can slide down and tubes where you have to climb up. This equipment is made for kids, not adults. I had to crawl most of the time. Some areas where the kids can stand up, I still have to bend down. My knees are a bit bruised from crawling so much. There are several ball pits (kinda like the ones in McD's and Ikea). I was allowed to go climb with the kids around the jungle gym. There was a tube where it was dark and we were a bit scared to slide down. Yes, being the whissy that I am, I did scream. In the far corner at the top there were air guns. You load it with a foam ball, pushed the button and aim! They kids loved it there. I think they spent the most time there. My niece aimed at me a few times and hit me with the foam balls. I'm glad they didn't hurt or else I would be all bruised up.

I can really feel my age when the kids are running around and wanting me to chase after them and I'm getting tired. My 7 year old niece was the leader. She decided which direction to go. My 4 year old nephew followed her. I went last to assist my nephew if he needed a push up or helped carry him down. By the end of the night, I was tired and ready for bed. But our night wasn't over yet. We got some pizza and bubble tea to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment