Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 302: Journaling

Tonight I took a continuing education course on journaling. It took place at Van Tech. It was my old high school.

I expected the course to be more a creative writing course. It wasn't like that at all. The teacher taught us different techniques for thinking about journal topics / ideas. She taught us about four different techniques. Some are better than others. It was a three hour class. I wish the class was longer to have more time to work on the techniques she taught us. We only got to practice two techniques. You may see some of techniques used on my blog in future postings.

After class I just walked the hallways. On the first floor of the school close to the office, there are pictures of previous grad classes. I found my grad class. I was looking at everyone's picture and thinking of what they are doing now. There are some people on my Facebook list. Most of them are married and some with kids.

Just being there brought me back down memory lane. I saw the picture of my principal. I remember she was the only female principal in the history of the school. I remember she drove a Toyota MR 2. It's a little sports car. It was weird seeing a very tall 'proper' old school woman driving a 'cool' young sports car. The Boys Citizen Award went to my friend Chia. I am not sure what the qualifications are to win the prize. He won so many awards during his high school years. A few years after graduating, he is no longer with us. I can't believe it's been 16 years since I graduated high school. Only four more years till my 20 year reunion. At my 20 year reunion, I need good stories to tell them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that must've been weird to be back at that school....for um....school? It would've brought back some good memories for me....and some nightmares!

    Cool that you took a journaling class. I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete