Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 318: The Restaurant Experience



The other night we went to The Keg by Costco by Still Creek. We had some steak. It was a Keg that we haven't been to before. It was really nice inside. It is very modern with lots of dark woods. It was very dark inside. Of course I took some pictures of my food. When I viewed the picture, that was when I saw how delicious my food was. The service was really good. He was very attentive and always refilling our water. We shared a prime rib and a teriyaki steak. The prime rib was served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The steak was served with yam fries and vegetables. I had a tea. With tax and tip, my bill came to $87. I was very surprised on how quickly that added up. It was for two entrees and a tea and tax and tip. The price was quite high but it was a lovely experience.


Last night we went to Koon Bo on 41st and Fraser. My mom had a recommendation from her friend that they serve good quail and peking duck. We made a reservation for 6:30 but we were a bit late. We arrived and it was quite busy. All the tables were full. The tables were squished together. It was kinda cluster-phobic. There were only 3 servers for the whole restaurant. In turn, our service sucked. My dad had to go to the counter to get us more napkins. We had to put our empty plates on an empty table beside us. They didn't come to our table frequently to collect the empty plates. We ordered the three course peking duck which came with the skin and the wrap, the meat stir fried and the bones in a soup. My parents also ordered some fried rice, veggies and the quail. The restaurant was filled with noise from people talking. It was too much for me. It gave me a headache. I thought the food was ok. But I think it was effected by my whole experience. If the atmosphere and company is good, my food is good. But if the atmosphere is disturbing or too noisy, it seems like the food isn't as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment