Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 315: Richmond Oval / Rocky Mountain Flatbread

There was a park that my sister wanted to take the kids to in Richmond last year. Because she didn't take them last year, she wanted to take them this year. She forgot the name of the park. We tried to look for the name online and from her emails. We couldn't find it.

We decided to head to Richmond to try to find the park. Because we were heading to Richmond, we decided to eat dim sum there also. We went to Gingeri Restaurant in Landsdowne Mall. It is good for dim sum. My niece loved the deep fried squid. It came as a surprise to me that my little nephew loved chicken feet. He just took the feet and used his hands to eat it. He ate almost the whole dish.

After dim sum we walked around the mall. My niece (like her wonderful aunt) wanted some bubble tea. In the middle of the mall was a mini train with a Halloween theme. The kids went on the train. Beside the train was a merry go round. My niece wanted to go on it and wanted me to join her. Man, I'm so weak. Just going in circles a few times made me dizzy and nauseous.

My parents suggested going to the Richmond Oval. I have never been there before. I wanted to go. We went there and took lots of pictures. We only paid parking for an hour so we only spent an hour there. On the way to the Richmond Oval, there was a playground by the UBC Boathouse. It was shaped like a boat. The kids loved it there. There was a slide. The climbed up and slide down, up and down, up and down. They did that for almost an hour. It was time to head to dinner.

We went to the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co. in Kitsilano. We went there last year. On Sunday and Monday nights the kids get to make their own pizza. My brother in law has two sisters and they have a few kids. We met with them for dinner and my brother in law's dad. It was fun for the kids. We ordered 3 large pizzas for the adults. It was $23 each for a large pizza. I think it is a bit expensive. We ordered a meat lover's pizza which was too spicey for me. I really like the BBQ pulled pork pizza. The third pizza was good. It was a chicken with tomato and spinach.

It doesn't seem like a busy day. By the time we got home at about 8ish, I was pooped. I was ready for bed. But my sister had to make some phone calls, so I had to give the kids a bath. Wow! I have never seen kids so eager to take a bath. When the water wasn't ready yet, they took off their clothes and were ready to jump in. I got my nephew some figurine from Cars which changes colour in different temperature water. It's the coolest thing! They loved playing with the color changing cars. We have glass shower doors. The kids have sponges and they just played 'window cleaners'. They just loved cleaning my glass shower doors. I was happy with that because then I didn't have to clean them myself. It was a struggle today because they were loud and restless. Nevertheless, we got them bathed and dried and ready for bed. Now it's my turn to head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment