Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 189: third day in Chicago




Restaurant blogs updated:
The Gage for lunch
The Colonial for dinner
Http://lisa-restuarants.blogspot.com

I got to sleep in again. I started my day at about 10am. I didnt go to the fitness centre today. I didnt have time.

I wanted to eat before i headed to my segway tour. I went to The Gage across from Millenium Park (see restuarant blog) for lunch. My segway tour was about 3 hours long. Our tour guide was an older gentleman. In my group was a middle aged man and his two sons. We had a short safety lesson before we headed on our three hour tour. The tour guide led us to see ( we didn't go in the various attractions ) Adler Planetarium, Buckingham Fountain, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Soldier Field and Grant Park / Millenium Park. Being on a segway is super fun. It uses your weight to steer. It is much easier to learn than a bike. You can control how fast you go depending on how much you lean forwards or backwards. I wish i can use a segway everywhere i go (including in vancouver except when it rains).

I finished the tour abour 430pm. I wanted to see if they have any half price tix to anything i want to see. On the way there i found the Hershey store. A chocolate lovers heaven. They had tix for a comedy show but it was 7 miles away. I thought it was too far. The tix center was right by the John Hancock building. There is the observatory on the 94th floor. I bought the complete package with the audio tour. The audio tour is narrated by David Schwimmer (sp?) (from Friends). It was neat to learn about the various history of buildings and landmarks. After the observatory, it was time for dinner. I got a pamphlet with a listing of restaurants. I saw the one vietnamese restaurant and it was close to where i was and decided to go. I went to The Colonial (see restaurant blog).

I decided to walk back to my hotel. It was only about 10 blocks away. When it gets dark i like to stay on the main road. The main road i went on is the Magnificent Mile. It is like Robson Street except much bigger. It has many clothing stores including Eddie Bauer, Forever 21, Salvatore Ferregama (sp?), Victoria's Secret and many more. They have Saks Fifth Ave, Disney Store, Cartier, Crate and Barrel, Gap and many more. My hotel is about a block away from the Mag Mile.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment