Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 182: 1st full day in Redlands

I actually arrived into California yesterday. But by the end of the day i was too tired to write two blogs.

I started my day at 630am. My flight was at noon in Bellingham. I arrived at the Bellingham Airport at 930am. There was no traffic cause it was so early on a saturday morning. It was surprising that there was a half an hour wait at the Peace Arch border crossing.

My flight took about 2.5 hours to Palm Springs. I didnt realized how tired i was. I fell asleep for 95 percent of the flight. My sister picked me up at 330pm. We then drove to where she lives. She lives in Redlands which is an hour away from Palm Springs. We relaxed at home for bit then went to Chilis for dinner (see my restaurants blog). After dinner my sister wanted to shop at Target. She went to Target first. Her husband, her kids and I walked around the strip mall. It was a nice evening to go for a walk. It was about 15-18 degrees. After our walk we met up with my sister at Target and we went home.

Today we went to Orange County. I have lots of relatives who live in Orange County. One cousin just bought a house and was having a house warming party today. It is a nice 4000 sq ft house in Fountain Valley. Very spacious with a small swimming pool and lots of storage space. The price of her house is the same as a very old house in Vancouver. There was so much food there. They ordered Vietnamese food. There was the grilled pork with vermicilli, yellow sticky rice, a veggie salad and a roll similar to a salad roll but a bit different. It isnt rolled with rice paper. Its rolled with 'ho fun' instead. There was no vermicilli noodles inside. There was beef slices and some veggies. After being there for six hours talking to relatives, eating two meals, and taking lots of pictures, it was time to head home. We got home at 9 pm and got the kids to bed right away. Tomorrow is the first full day with the kids.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. That Vietnamese food sounded SO nummy! I've gotta go eat breakfast!

    Have fun in Cali!

    ReplyDelete