Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 173: What goes around comes around

I have dated a few guys in my life. A few of them are the ones that break it off with me. There has been two that apologized to me for being such an asshole. One came 12 years after we broke up. It was at my party that he told me. He came up to me to chit chat with me and suddenly brought up our relationship. He said he was sorry for being such an asshole. I was very surprised because I didn't see that coming. Another guy I dated for a short time a few years ago came up to me at IKEA. I saw him coming towards me and didn't know what he would say and do if he saw me. Well, he gave me a big hug and we chit chatted for a bit and then the apology came out. He admitted that he was an asshole.

It was my turn. I never thought I would want to apologize to an ex. I broke it off with a guy about 11 years ago. I saw him at a party in January. We have some mutual friends. They started asking me why we broke it off. The more I talked to people about why we broke up, the more regret I felt. He is such a nice guy and didn't deserve that. I had an opportunity to finally say 'I'm sorry for what I have done.' I feel so much better and feel like a burden has been lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment