Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 180: Canucks vs San Jose


I enjoy the Canucks more and more. I try to watch the Canucks as much as I can. Majority of the time I watch them on TV. Tonight I went to the game at GM Place. I went with two of my friends. I like going to watch the game at GM Place. It is an awesome atmosphere. There are 18,000 people cheering along with you. Tonight there were a few San Jose fans.

Watching the game at GM Place is expensive entertainment. The tix is about $60-$70 each. Then there is the beer, the mini donuts, the nachos, the ice cream, the cotton candy, the burger, the hot dog, etc. Tonight my friend and I went to eat dinner at Moxie's before the game. It was a long wait to be seated and to be served our food. We got to GM Place really close to game time. At the intermissions, I wasn't hungry yet. We didn't end up getting any junk food there. One friend bought me a drink. But sometimes I head to the games without eating dinner before hand. That gets dangerous. Then all the food looks good. But they charge you an arm and a leg there. Sometimes I go for the mini donuts. It's similar to the ones at PNE. On a typical Canuck game night, I will be spending up to $70 on a tix, some mini donuts at $4.50 a bag and a drink at $4 or maybe a hot dog at $4 each. That will add up to close to $90. I don't go to games very often. It is nice to splurge once in awhile.

It is watching the game with a huge cheering crowd. Every time they score, we all cheer for them. Every time the puck goes in their zone, we cheer. When a player on the other team gets a penalty, we cheer. There's lots of cheering going on. There's 50/50 draws and the money goes to kids. There is Finn, the orca mascot, walking to different sections to get people to clap and cheer.

The Canucks beat the Sharks tonight: 3- 2! Go Canucks go!

No comments:

Post a Comment