Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 161: Olympic Opening Ceremonies

I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies tonight. It was so neat to see all the different countries that have participating athletes. I want to cheer for the underdogs, the teams which have one athlete. They have to work extra hard to earn that spot. The 3 hours was filled with singing, dancing and cultural entertainment. The part I liked the least was the opera singing (I don't appreciate opera yet) when the Olympic flag was raised and the flying guy on the wheat field (it was big squares on the floor which was yellow and black). I am not sure what it was supposed to mean but I didn't get it. The highlights for me were the riverdance, singing by Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams and, of course, the lighting of the cauldron. I was looking forward to see who would light the cauldron. It was neat to see five important Canadian figures sharing the spotlight in lighting the cauldron. I also admire that there was a moment of silence for the lugar that passed away. It was very respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment