Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 155: Meditation

A few months ago I went to a free meditation class. It was a one hour class. It was the first time I went to a meditation class. The room was quite small. There was about 20 people in the class. I sat on a pillow and there was another block / pillow for my butt but I didn't use it because I am used to sitting my butt on the ground. There was the teacher in the front of the room. He coached us on what to do. I sat with my back straight for the whole time. Because I injured my upper back years ago, sitting straight hurt my back muscles.

Meditating is quite hard. You have to think about nothing and focus on your breathing. You have to inhale and exhale deeply for the oxygen to go deep in your body. When you close your eyes or focus on one area in front of you, you are trying to be focused on nothing. Focusing on nothing is the hardest thing to do. When I close my eyes, all I can think about is what I have to do the rest of the day, what groceries I have to get, etc, etc. My mind is just thinking instead of relaxing. I have read that you should meditate for at least 30 minutes before you go to bed. I think it is a good idea. You can relax and let yourself go because your day is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment