Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 152: What will it take for you to be the best?

I know I want to be the best at something. I know it takes a lot of time, effort and sacrifices. I know I take a lot of time relaxing and enjoying my time on the computer or watching TV.

I am watching the Ultimate Cake Off on TLC. It's a cake building competition. The contestants usually have their own cake shops. To participate in these competitions, they need the skill, the stamina, the planning and the organization of their team to complete the cake in 9 hours. They would have to practice many hours to win this competition.

Brian McKeever is a prime example of someone who shows determination to succeed. (http://www.vancouversun.com/opinion/Blind+Canadian+skier+Brian+McKeever+makes+Olympic+Paralympic+teams/2474047/story.html)
He is blind and made it onto the Olympic and Paralympic teams. There must be years of practice and perseverance to qualify for both competitions.

In any case, there is a common denominator. To be the best, there is alot of practice, determination and perseverance. You have to visualize yourself getting to the finish line and winning. There will be many hurdles along the way. You have to jump thru them, go under them or go around them. Its one step at a time, eventhough it is baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment