Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 158: 'The Terminator' to run in Olympic torch relay

"The Terminator-- aka California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger -- will run in Stanley Park in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic torch relay on Feb. 12." - The Province, Feb 9, 2010
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/2010wintergames/Schwarzenegger+will+torch+relay/2540262/story.html

Is there something I'm not understanding? I know I'm not that smart, but someone please explain this to me. I do understand that Vanoc wants to include celebrities to carry the torch. They have included such celebrities as Jan Arden, Michael Buble, Terry Fox's dad, Wayne Gretzky's father, Stan Smyl and Bob Lenarduzzi. I understand all those people are Canadian and/ or important sports figures. But Arnold? He's not Canadian. He's not a sports figure. We can't vote for him. Why does he get the privilege to carry the Olympic torch? If it is because he is a celebrity, why can't any other celebrity carry it? Hey, Bradgelina would be a good choice! They get more publicity than Arnold. If it is because he is a political figure, isn't Obama a better choice?

1 comment:

  1. This is the man that once refered to Vancouver as "Hongcouver". What a jerk! I can't believe they've asked him to do this. I'm appauled!

    ReplyDelete