Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 153: "What If" Game

The other day my co worker asked me if I ever played the 'What If' game. I said No because I didn't know what it was.

She said each person takes a turn. When it is your turn, you say what if something didn't happen how your life would be different. For example, if I didn't work at my current job, I would've have met my ex. If I didn't meet my ex, then my life would be better..hahhah... I did learn some culinary skills because he is a chef. If I didn't meet him, which direction would my life be? Maybe I would've met someone better? Maybe I would be married now? Who knows? That was the choice I made then.

The concept/idea of the game really made me think. It made me think about the decisions I make. Do I make the decisions because I have thought about the answer? or thought about how my future will take shape? or because it is just a gut feeling? I think most of the time it is just gut feeling. My subconscious mind leads my conscious mind. It knows more about my life than I am aware. It leads me to the right direction. It does the steering of my life. Sometimes my gut feelings steers me in the wrong direction to teach me a lesson. I have to realize the lesson before I move on. Then I have to take the lessons I have learned to make better decisions.

1 comment:

  1. interesting... Kinda reminds me of that jim belushi movie... What if he had hit that baseball when he was in highschool? He would have been sucessful, have a beautiful wife and kids, and in the end he was happy with what he had... (Took a pause to imdb)... The movie I was thinking of was Mr Destiny. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100201/

    Anyways I often wonder what if I won the presidential election in grade 11. I would have been in the student council in grade 12, and perhaps my life would have lead me to a path of student leadership. I've enjoyed my term as a Director at Vancouver Community College, and now I'm back to working a job... But what if I got more involved, and kept going with the student movement? Just one of the what if's I'll probably have the answer to when someone grants me my wish.

    ReplyDelete