Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 156: Developing friendships

If I want to become friends with someone, I ask them out to do something. It should be that easy.

I am friends with some of my ex's. Sometimes we jump into a relationship before we build a friendship. Then after we break up, we build a friendship. Of course it's a bit weird. The friendship is different then if you were friends first. But I can't be friends with them right away after a breakup. It takes time to get over all the emotions and negative feelings I have towards them. Sometimes I am friends with them after 3 years or after 10 years. It really depends on if they want to be friends with me too. It also depends on how intense my feelings are for them. If they were really intense and they broke my heart, it will take me longer to become friends with them.

There are some friends that I think we got along and would like to hang out with them more. One friend I contact them on facebook to say 'HI, how are you'. No response. I contacted another friend in Oct to hang out in Dec because I know it's a busy month so I wanted to book her early. Nope we didn't make plans. Maybe she was too busy? I don't know. It's Feb now. She still hasn't contacted me to make plans. I guess I shouldn't be focusing on these people who don't want to make time for me. Makes me think there is something wrong me. I know I have other friends who are more than happy to hang out with me. I should focus more on them instead of trying to develop friendships with people who don't want to be friends with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment