Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 293: I'm dreaming about chocolate already...

I received the continuing education flyer for Burnaby and Vancouver. I thought because most of the courses I was considering in Burnaby are also offered in Vancouver I ended up taking the courses in Vancouver. I am interested in the culinary courses, photography courses and writing courses. I ended up signing up for the one or two session courses.

I registered for two courses:

WRITE: THE POWER OF JOURNALING: AN ADVENTURE IN SELF-DISCOVERY
Journaling allows us to absorb information more effectively. It also helps us be more focused and creative. It awakens a new level of awareness. It creates more space for deeper thoughts to come through. Our minds work at about 1000 words per minute. When we write, the mind slows down to about 100 words a minute. This course brings in an additional element by using images with words to bring balance to your right and left brain thinking. Join us to explore the power of different journaling tools and experience new ways of thinking. A VSB Fine Arts Diploma course.


BAKING: LIVE BY CHOCOLATE
Join Chef Clarence & "live by chocolate" in this great hands-on class designed for true chocolate lovers. He will share with you his prized chocolate making techniques & recipes that you can use to celebrate any special occasion! You will learn to create your very own chocolate buffet with an array of tempting favourites such as: Chocolate Fondue & Dipped Fruit, Chocolate Orange Souffle, White Chocolate Truffles, Toblerone, Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Eclairs, Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Cake, Chocolate Amaretto Biscotti & more! Expand your knowledge of chocolate & learn where to buy the very finest. Bring an apron.

I chose the journaling course because hopefully it will help me with my 365 Day Challenge. It is only a one day (night) course. If it is a good course, I will be able to continue my blogging after my 365 days.

I chose the chocolate course because it's CHOCOLATE!!! I don't need to explain..hahha. It sounds really interesting. It's probably not intense but you get the idea of how to make all the yummy chocolate items. It will be a good chance for me to learn about chocolate before the chocolate festival starts in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment