Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 282: Food, Food and more food...

I ate so much food today I felt like I was going to burst!

For breakfast at about 9:45am, I had half an egg sandwich. I was in a rush so I didn't have time to make much. I just toasted half my Portuguesh

For lunch at about 1pm, I had pho and bubble tea. My friend lives by Highgate Mall. We used to have a favourite pho restaurant on Kingsway. It was called Pho Saigon. But just recently they changed management. Now the decor is different and also the pho. When it was Pho Saigon, the pho was delicious. Now, the pho is ok. The soup base isn't as salty and tasty. I understand the management is new. The service needs help. We ordered beef skewers, a large bowl of pho with raw steak and meat ball and a small bowl of pho with beef brisket and meatball. The dishes didn't come at the same time. At pho restaurants, they usually give you the bean sprouts and lemon before your pho arrives. At this restaurant, they give you the pho first, then the bean sprouts. The small bowl of pho and the skewer came first. Then came the bean sprouts and the large bowl of pho. Like every other sunny day, I was in the mood for bubble tea.

We walked across the street to Estea. We ordered our bubble tea. I had soya pudding with mixed beans with pearls and coconut jelly. I am used to drinking my bubble tea. I guess becuase we were staying in the restaurant, they served my order in a bowl. It was kinda weird eating my bubble tea with a spoon. It was good. The bowl had soya pudding then the mixed bean, pearls and coconut were on top. Right when I finished my bubble tea, my friend called me to join them for a girls nite out deal at Milestones.

For my afternoon snack, I was at the new Milestones on 8th and Cambie. It was really nice and modern inside. I am so glad they have a small patio. It was such a beautiful day today. I have never been to this location before and I was impressed. I was there from about 3-4pm and there weren't many people. The customers all sat on the patio. There were only 3 of us. We had the Girls Nite Out deal. It is 4 bellinis and a choice of 4 appies from a selected list for $40. We had spinach and artichoke dip, yam fries, goat cheese and flatbread and phyllo shrimp. I didn't want to eat too much because I just finished a bowl of pho and bubble tea. But because the food was there, I kept on nibbling. The crispy honey phyllo shrimp arrived first. It was really tasty. It is crispy on the outside and cooked shrimp on the inside. It is served with a honey chipotle glaze for dipping. The second dish to arrive was the spinach and artichoke dip. It was so warm and comforting. I kept on nibbling on it. The third dish was the yam fries. I like yam fries better than regular fries because it is sweeter. The last dish to come out was the baked goat cheese and slow roasted garlic flatbread plate. The presentation was beautiful. The fig jam and the cranberry relish were in small bowls. The slow roasted garlic was still in it's shell. After my afternoon snack, I was almost ready for dinner.

For dinner at about 7pm, I made perogies with bacon and sour cream. I didn`t time it properly beccause I have never made this combination before. I made the perogies first then I made the bacon. I should`ve made it the other way around to keep the perogies warm. Because I made the perogies first, when the bacon was done, the perogies were cold. I had to pan fry it to warm it up (I dont have a microwave downstairs).

For dessert at about 9pm, I made a sundae. It was a banana with Oreo ice cream with chcolate syrup. Such a good way to end a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment