Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 281: White Spot Car Hop

I have ever been to a car hop before. A car hop is an old tradition of driving to a restaurant and eating in the car. There aren't that many car hops left. It's gone in the way of the drive - in: extinct. There is a girl that works with me that worked at a car hop. It was her last day at the car hop the other day. I wanted to go visit her at work and it was a good excuse to go to a car hop.

We just finished dinner when we headed to the White Spot car hop. I was really excited. We managed to get there to be her last customers. Because we just ate, we only ordered dessert. We ordered a chocolate shake, blueberry pie and chocolate brownie. It came out in the long tray that goes across your car. On the tray, they automatically put on the ketchup, salt and pepper. It was kinda weird getting dessert served with ketchup, salt and pepper. But that was ok, it just took up space on our tray. The chocolate shake was served in one glass. In the restaurant it is served in a milkshake glass and a stainless steel cup. It just seems like there is less in the one glass than in two cups. The blueberry pie is fantastic, as I always remember it. It is filled with whole fresh blueberries. It is topped with a small serving of whipped cream. The brownie wasn't that good. It was a square chocolate brownie cut in half to make two triangles. It was drizzled with chocolate syrup and served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. The brownie was too dry for me. It would've have been better if it was warmed up to make it more soft and chocolately.

It was a neat experience. I think it is a good romantic thing to do on a date. But it is kinda uncomfortable because it is kinda squishy. It is good if it is the destination. It is the only place you will be going. Then you will enjoy the experience more. But it isn't a place to go to after a long drive. After a long drive, I would like to stretch my legs and have a change of scenery. I would rather go inside the restaurant to have my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment