Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 271: Outdoor Go - karting

My friend organized to go outdoor go karting. When I got the invite, I was excited because go karting is on my bucket list. I read the details of the invite and wasn't so excited. It was at 10am on a Sunday and in Tsawwassen. I wasn't keen to waking up early on a Sunday morning to head off to Tsawwassen. I told him I would come a few days ago. But this morning, I woke up and it was a gloomy and wet Sunday morning. I thought it would be dangerous to be go karting in the rain. I messsaged my friend to see if it was still on. He was really eager to go go - karting so it was a go.

Tsawwasen seemed so far away. In the morning I checked my iphone maps to see how long it would take for me to drive there. It told me 30mins with traffic. Sometimes these maps judge the time inccorectly. I left my house late so I thought I would be late. It took me 30mins to get there so the iphone map was right. I got there at 9:58 am and even got there before the staff. We went outdoor go karting at F440 in Tsawwassen, across from Splashdown Park.

There was four of us that went go karting. Two of them rides motorcyles. The track had a lot of turns and it was a bit challenging. I had a feeling that the motorcyle riders will go on the track faster than myself. I felt like a grandma on the track. I was scared to go really fast. The first lap I was going really slow. I had to get used to operating a go kart. Then I had to get used to going on that curvy track. Then I challenged myself to go faster. We raced three sessions of 15mins each. In each session I was last :(. The first session was so uncomfortable for me. It was drizzling so my helmet was wet. I pushed my visor up a little because I couldn't wipe off the rain drops. But once I did that, dust particles were flying in my face. By the third session, I was comfortable with using a go kart in the rain and going on the curvy track but my kart wasn't going as fast as I would like it.

Overall it was a fun experience. Maybe I would go faster if it wasn't drizzling. It was a bit expensive but I had an Entertainment Coupon and I saved myself a few dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment