Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 6: Relaxing with my mom

Tonight wasn't about me. I wanted to have dinner with my parents and spend some time with my mom before she goes. We had dinner at home. After dinner we went for a walk around the neighbourhood. My dad isn't into working out / exercising. My mom and I finally convinced my dad to go for a walk about a month ago. Now my parents go for walks every other day? (I'm not sure...I'm not home every night to know.) After we got home from the walk, my mom started packing for her trip.

My mom was packing tonight for her month long trip to visit my sister in California. I wanted to spend some time with her and help her pack, if she needed it. She was looking for her list of things to pack. She is more comfortable writing in Chinese and Vietnamese. (Remember in my previous posting that I don't read or write either languages). She finally finds the list and gives it to me and tells me to read it to her. I'm a little bit shocked and surprised that she wanted me to read it. I said to her that for the past 30 years I was never taught how to read and write Vietnamese and Chinese, but now she expects me to read the list to her. I tried my best to read the Vietnamese words. Vietnamese words are like French with all the accents. I got most of the words I read right. I gave up when I got to the Chinese characters. I told my dad that he can teach me how to read and write Vietnamese by the time my mom gets back to Vancouver at the end of August.

It's the long weekend coming up this weekend. I don't have anything 'bucket list' related planned for this weekend. I am hoping I can hit the gym or do aquafit in the next few weeks.

Ok time for bed..it's midnight and I have to get up at 6:30 am to be at work by 8 am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment