Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 1: First day of the challenge

I went to get my hair cut this morning. I had my hair permed and colored a few years ago. It`s growing out and the colored part is very noticeable. I finger comb my hair when I sleep and the ends that are permed are more tangled. I end up taking a long time to untangle my hair and I end up waking myself up from my sleep.

My Sunday afternoon was a lazy afternoon. I hung out at home watching some tv. I spent 2 hours on the phone with my friend who is a female. It was a typical female conversation: about men, what we are doing with our lives, anything else that is interesting to us. I was going to go to the gym and work out. But the conversation was much more interesting. I ended up taking a nap from 5 - 6 pm. I only intended to take a nap for 30 mins. I set my alarm but my alarm didn`t go off. I must`ve been really tired. My naps are usually only 20 mins.

Tonight we had a dinner at my auntie`s house. We had spring rolls and bbq`ed beef with boon (Vietnamese vermicelli noodles). It was so delicious. After dinner we had fruits for dessert. We had cherries (one of my favourite fruit), logan (another favourite) and blueberries. One of my cousins made a blueberry pie. I think it was her first time making blueberry pie. It was good. The adults chit chatted with each other and the cousins chatted with each other. I spent some time talking to my cousin`s daughter. She is a cutie pie. She is 12 and going on to high school in September. She is a very quiet person. But once you start talking to her she will open up. We see her about twice to three times a year. We ended the nite at about 10 pm.

I was really disappointed I didn`t get to go to the lantern festival last night. I have heard about for a many years. I have never made it out. This year I really wanted to go and even invited friends to go. I had a dinner to attend in Burnaby before meeting my friends at Trout Lake. But when 8 pm rolled around, there were sprinkles, then there was rain, then there was thunder, then there was lighting. One friend called to tell me he wouldn`t be attending. I understood where he was coming from. I even bailed on my friends on attending the festival. I was wearing sandals. I really didn`t want to walk in the mud in the rain to see lanterns. Maybe next year.

It`s 11:25pm. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment