Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 361: 4 more entries

I guess I've been slacking since I know I am almost done. No more pressure. I still have to post the second part of my first cooking session.

It's been a busy week for me. I have been looking into cars. I have the rental car from ICBC
till the give me my payment. It's so confusing. So many cars out there. My budget is $15,000 to $20,000 for a new car. I have narrowed it down to a few cars. There are so many things to consider. Last Sunday we went to the Richmond Auto Mall to check out what they have. The first stop was Hyundai. The car I wanted to test drive was the 2011 Elantra. We were looking at the cars on the lot when the young salesman approached us. He is very friendly and upbeat. The Elantra was a very nice ride. It was very smooth. We told him that we were still gathering information and if we have any questions we will contact him. We then moved on to Nissan. The rental car I'm driving is a Nissan Versa. I am not totally impressed with the Versa so I wasn't too excited about going into Nissan. We just looked at the cars in the showroom in Nissan. There wasn't anything that impressed me. We moved on to Toyota. My aunts and uncles have Toyotas. I know Toyotas are very reliable vehicles. I wanted to see the Corolla and the Matrix. I saw the interior of the Corolla and wasn't too impressed. It looked very basic but it had a higher price tag than I expected. I didn't see the Matrix there. It was busy there. I know all the salespeople were helping people but I would've felt better if anyone who worked there acknowledged me. No one helped us so we left. Our next stop was Honda. The Fit fit my budget. We looked around at the other vehicles to see what they had available. Honda was very busy also. I was standing by the Fit and there was another young male and his father standing by the Fit. The salesman started talking to him and didn't even acknowledge me. The young man started asking the salesman questions. I just listened in because those were the questions that I would've asked anyways. We ended up leaving Honda because no one helped us either. We moved on to Mazda. I wanted to test drive the Mazda 3. There was a circle of salesman and the Chinese one helped us. It didn't make a difference to me, I don't speak Chinese very well. I drove the Mazda for a few minutes. The ride wasn't as nice as the Hyundai Elantra. We went on No 3 Rd and checked out Suzuki and Kia. There was a hatchback Suzuki that was in my price range. It had a very small trunk space. The price of Kia fit my budget. I guess you get what you pay for. The ride wasn't very good.

The next day my dad and I went to some more dealerships. We went to the dealerships on Kingsway and E 12th Ave. We started at Honda. I saw the Fit again. I realized that the back seat folds down flat. My dad said that I would be able to fit in there. I climbed in there and I fit! The next place we went to was Toyota. We ended test driving the Matrix. It's pretty nice inside. The ride is ok. The back seat folds down flat also. I can fit in there if I need a place to sleep. I also showed my dad the Elantra. He thinks it's nice inside. He still is very against me getting a Hyundai. He prefers that I get a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. I still want to test drive a few more cars before I make a final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment