Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 359: Damn snow, you made me hit a car!!

It was a snowy and slippery night. It was less than optimal driving conditions. It just started snowing an hour prior. I was driving west down E 29th ave towards my house on E 28th ave. I was trying my best to go slow and being careful. I couldn't control my car when I pumped on the brakes to try to slow down. My car swerved right and bumped into Darlene's car. My upper right bumper hit her left back signal lights and managed to break it loose from the car (but it didn't fall off, it's . Then my car went forward and scraped the left side of her car. It stopped there. I was going about 10 km / hr.

When I hit her car, no one was in the vehicle. When my vehicle stopped, I got out of the car and walked towards the house that it was parked in front of. I noticed someone peeking out the window and they opened the door. I walked towards the door and told her I was so sorry about her car. She told me the first thing I should do is pull over so I won't cause another accident. I moved my car down the hill so it is out of the way of traffic. After I moved my car, I went into her sister's house and we exchanged information. She told me that she is from Squamish and comes to visit her sister regularly. />
We wanted to check both our cars to see the damages. We walked around her orange car first. We both had cameras and took some pictures. I only had my iphone with no flash and it was dark so my pictures aren't the best pictures. She had a camera with a flash and she took some pictures. After we finished checking out her car, we walked to my car. It was hard to tell because my car is black and it was kinda dark. We both noticed the front hood was popped up a bit.

I managed to slowly drive my car back to my house, which is three blocks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment