Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 354: Quest to find a storage box

I was living in my parent's one bedroom suite. Now I am moving into the two bedroom suite. I didn't think it would be much of a move. Boy, I have so much stuff. I have lots of my stuff in the garage. My parents were bugging me to clean out my stuff in the garage. I decided to bring all my stuff in the garage into one of the bedrooms. The stuff were in banana and orange boxes. It just looked so ugly. I needed some storage boxes. I saw some boxes at my friends house that I thought would be suitable. Those boxes were about 2ft wide x 2 ft long x 2 ft tall. It had a black base and the lid had some graphic designs on them.

My quest started at Superstore. My friend said she got her box at Superstore but she said they don't sell it anymore there. Because I'm fairly close to Superstore, I decided to give it shot. No luck at Superstore. My next location was Wal Mart. I only saw containers that were transparent or Rubbermaid plastic containers. Those weren't what I was looking for.

I decided to go to Richmond to check out Daiso, JYSK and Ikea. Ikea had some boxes that were similar to what I was looking for but a bit smaller. It was a bit pricey for my budget. It is cardboard in solid colors. They are about 1ft wide x 1 ft long x 1 ft high. I took it into consideration. I thought because Daiso was the $2 store that they would have something. I went there and was disappointed. They only have small gift boxes. They didn't have large boxes with a lid. I went to JYSK at Lansdowne Mall. They had wicker baskets with a lid that would work but it was a bit out of my budget. It was getting late and I had to get home. I had to decide what to get. I decided on the boxes from Ikea. They work perfectly for what I need them for. The boxes that I originally wanted would've have been too big. In some boxes, it would be too heavy. I am a pack rat. I tend to keep things as souvenirs: things I have bought from my trips, letters and cards from friends, old clothes that have a story to them or was bought for me. Oh, of course I love my pictures, picture frames, candles and candle holders. Tomorrow will be another night of cleaning up, sorting and moving.

Don't forget we are giving furniture in our back lane. If you are interested, please msg me. First come, first serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment