Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 350: Christmas Week

It has been a busy week for me.

Dec 17
My mom's company Christmas dinner. She retired this year. They also invite their retirees to come join them for Christmas dinner. Because my mom has worked there for almost 30 years, they gave her a special present as a reward for working there for so many years. I have been going to these dinners for many years. It's quite entertaining for little kids. But for someone my age, it's ok. It's more about the food for me. It's at a Chinese restaurant and it's a 12 course meal similar to wedding banquets.

Dec 18
My dinner at Phnom Phenh.
http://lisa-restaurants.blogspot.com/2010/12/phnom-penh.html

Dec 19
Christmas brunch at a friend's house. It was nice to see them again. I haven't seen in a few months. The brunch consists of pancakes, eggs, sausages, bacon and some fruit. There were many of their friends that I haven't met before. They had a gingerbread cookie building competition. It was really neat to see people's creations. There were lots of candy that you can use to decorate the gingerbread. One guy used a jelly bean to represent baby jesus. Another guy put two cookies together to make a race track. We stayed there for a few hours then went home to rest.

Dec 20
I got together with one group of friends for dinner. This dinner was about a month in the planning. There is 7 of us and it's hard to coordinate schedules. Dec 20 is a Monday and some of us has Mondays off. It was at one friend's house. We went over to make the dinner. It is fun to learn to cook together and eat together. For dinner we had a salad, mashed potatoes, green beans and a roast. It was so tasty!!

Dec 21
There is a group of friends who we get together every Christmas. This year we had our dinner at Boston Pizza and it was also pasta Tuesday. But I didn't feel like pasta. This dinner was also planned well in advance. I wouldn't think that I wouldn't be feeling like eating pasta that night. I had a whole rack of ribs with a side of veggies, garlic bread and a side salad. I didn't realized how hungry I was. After the rack of ribs, I was still hungry. But I didn't order anything after my meal. We had a small gift exchange after dinner.

Dec 22
I went to a birthday dinner. I was a small dinner. After dinner, we had some birthday cake.

Dec 23
We got invited to another Christmas dinner. The invite said 7 pm. We only know one couple there. We wanted to time it so when they arrive, we will be there too. We arrived a bit earlier than them. We got there about 7:30ish. The party wasn't really set up yet. Not everyone was there. It was supposed to be a potluck dinner. I was so hungry by the time I got there. We didn't start eating till a bit past 8pm. There was some Chinese take out, pizza, salad, pasta, mussels, some Phillipino dishes, fruit tarts and yule log. There was also a gift exchange. We had to leave early because we had to work early the next day.

Dec 24
It was a half work day for me. It was so easy to work a 4 hour shift. After work, I came home and took a nap. I woke up and had lunch. I went to dinner tonight. It was a simple dinner. Future Shop and Best Buy had their boxing day sale start tonight. I bought a few items. It took awhile because they site kept on crashing. Too many people are on these sites on Christmas eve ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment