Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 351: Christmas Hangover

Dec 25
During they day I did some house cleaning and relaxed a bit. We had a small family dinner with just a few cousins and an aunt and uncle. Of course being the non-traditional family, we had a Vietnamese noodle soup which has some veggies and beef. There was also some homemade spring rolls. For dessert we had some vanilla ice cream. With my ice cream, I added some chocolate syrup, blackberries and whipped cream.

Dec 26
I wanted to do some Boxing Day shopping. My first stop was to get a Ryan Kesler shirt for my friend in downtown. That store opened at 9am. I didn't want to lose out on getting a good deal on this shirt. I got there at about 9:30am and there wasn't anyone at the store so I didn't have much competition. My next destination was the Canucks store at Rogers Arena. They had a sale of 20-40% off everything in the store. I got a few things. I had to rest up for my big dinner.

The dinner was at my mom's cousins' house in Burnaby. They live in a nice large house so they can fit lots of people. This was an opportunity to see and spend some time with my second cousins. There was about 30+ people in attendance and about 10 of us were 'kids'. I arrived a bit late because my dad worked till 6:30pm and we didn't get there till about 7:15pm. Once we got there, some of my cousins were playing Funenglish. It is a new game and fun in a large group. I was so hungry when I got there. Luckily the food was ready and everyone there was ready to eat. There was so much food. It was all so delicious. There was spinach dip with garlic bread, green salad with a vinaigrette dressing, green bean salad, Vietnamese beef stew, sirloin steak, potato salad, ribs and fried shrimp. Of course, I had to save some space for dessert. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of main course, but I got my camera ready for the dessert.


The cake was from a bakery. My very talented aunt made some of the desserts. She made the cream puffs, creme caramel and the cheesecake. The fruit was good replenishment after some dancing.

My cousins and I spent our time together playing games. We played Funenglish, Taboo and, the highlight, was playing Kinect. One cousin brought his Xbox and his new Kinect. We played the dancing game (I don't know the exact name of the game). One cousin had to start us off by showing us to to play the game. Once he got going, some aunts and uncles joined in. It was fun watching 50-60 year old people dancing hip hop.


After two weeks of eating and 'celebrating Christmas', I'm suffering from a Christmas hangover. I have to listen to QMFM to get my Christmas fix. Now since I have attended my last Christmas party, there will be no more Christmas cookies and cakes. Next excuse for indulging in more food: new years eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment