Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 259: Badminton

This badminton night was planned weeks ago. The group of friends wanted to start playing more sports. A few of them play badminton regularly and asked us if we wanted to play. Badminton night was scheduled for 7 - 9 pm at Richmond Pro.

When I woke up, I was still sore from my afternoon of playing tennis. I wasn't really looking forward to more extensive exercise. I didn't want to bail at the last minute. I decided to suck it up and see how far I can go. We have never been there before. We arrived late because we were looking the building. We found it and found parking. Once we arrived we noticed that there were several businesses in the same building. We walked in the building and realized that the entrance of Richmond Pro wasn't where we thought it was. There was a lady that told us that the entrance was at the back of the building. We would've thought the back was easy to get to. It wasn't as easy as we thought. There wasn't any signage or walkways to get to the back entrance. We finally managed to find it.

Once we arrived, we found a few of our friends there. They reserved two courts for our group. Our friends were playing on one court and the other one was free. We rallied for a bit. While we were rallying, I stretched to get the birdie. I think I might have stretched too far on one leg. It seemed like I pulled a muscle or over exerted the muscle on my right thigh. I tried to stretch it out for awhile. I thought the best thing to do was to sit out for most of the time to rest it. I only played a few games after that.

There was a total of 11 of us. We rotated playing on the two courts. We were tired and done after the two hours. After badminton we went out for bubble tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment