Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 255: My worth

I may be worth something one day! I am hopeful about that. I was watching a bit of Antique Roadshow tonight. There was a lady that had archives from her grandfather. She had pictures and letters that he wrote. I think they are about a hundred years old. The appraiser said because the letters described the lifestyle in detail and it was very descriptive it is worth a lot of money. The archive is important to historians because it helps them piece together the lifestyle of that era. So, if I write in enough detail about my life and lifestyle in a hundred years I may be worth something!

What is my worth? I guess it depends on who is asking. You can determine my financial worth by adding all my assets (which isn't much), investments and money. My skill bank tank is about 50% full. Of course as I get older, I can develop more skills. There are lots more skills to learn. I don't want age to hold me back. It is just about time, money and prioritizing which skills I want to learn. I think self-worth is worth a bit too. Self worth builds confidence which builds more skills which builds more value for a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment